CERATH Development Organization (CDO) is leading a consortium of organizations to implement the Cassava Transformation Project (CASTRAP). CASTRAP is the Liberia national component of the European Union (EU)-funded West Africa Competitiveness Programme (WACOMP). WACOMP aims to support selected value chains at national and regional level to promote structural transformation and better access to regional and international markets, while taking into account social and environmental concerns. CDO is seeking for the services of an expert or a team of experts to develop a national agricultural financing framework for Liberia with specific attention to the rural sector. The framework is expected to cover the objectives listed below:
- Examine the status of agricultural financing, and financial sector actors in Liberia.
- Undertake a comprehensive assessment of the status of rural financing in Liberia.
- Examine/determine the constraints, and risks faced by financial sector actors in providing credit to the agricultural sector, and farmers, agribusinesses and smallholder households in accessing financing.
- To examine successful agricultural financing models in Africa, and to propose workable /context-based model for equitable, just and inclusive agricultural sector in Liberia.
- Determine the specific policy level action or interventions required to facilitate equitable, just and inclusive agricultural financing.
Interested consultants or consultancy firms are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the detailed terms of reference (ToR). Kindly use the subject “Name of organization/Consultant – Roadmap to Agricultural & Rural Financing Consultancy” when sending the email. The deadline for requesting for ToRs is Friday 10th March, 2022.
|Job Category||Agriculture Financing Consultant|